Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Malacca Day 1: The Touchdown


Once again, I left my farm to a faraway land. A land, a town long existed before my little farm. The historical sights of the town impressed me and pulled me back for a second visit within 4 months. However, this time was a little more special. My family headed north to Ipoh, my other aunt and cousin headed south to Singapore, and me, and those chicky little princess headed south too, to Malacca. Travelling is a fun part of life, but it isn't free ($$$).

I left for Malacca at 9am and stepped foot there slightly before 10am. Along the way, I saw many delightful travellers heading to their respective destination with their loved ones. Once arrived, we checked into the hotel and lay the aching bodies onto the comfy bed for a little short while. The hotel we checked in wasn't really fantastic but it was reasonable enough for the price we paid (RM 80 a night for 2 Queen-sized beds) and it's worth coming back again. We went to the Pahlawan Mall nearby for lunch soon after getting enough rest. Then we were all shopping and loitering around the mall when it was raining reasonably heavy outside. When the rain stopped, we went to Jonker Walk, just about 500 meters away from the mall for a meal of local delicacies: a set of nyonya laksa and the aromatic durian cendol. Soon after that, we did not walk much, but to walk back to our hotel due to poor weather condition. We went back to take a shower. Pei Wen and her sisters started to show signs of fatique after walking such a distance.

At about 11.30pm, my friend from Malacca invited me to a club for drink. Together with Josh, Chris and I went for a drink somewhere about 500 meter away from our hotel. There, we had buckets, chat for about 3 hours. Then, we went for "Mamak" around 3am for a short supper before heading back to hotel. I was a little surprised to see that my princess was still awake waiting for me when i am finally back to the hotel. The day ended with a wonderful night. Or should I say, another day started with a wonderful night. Both of us fell asleep near 5am. :) Happy 1st day.

No comments:

Post a Comment